Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Another tornado



In Columbus, Ms. when we were there a tornado landed 15 miles from us. This am we wake to the sound of a tornado warning whistle. I always wonder where on a boat I should go so I decided the best thing was to stay in bed! Anyhow we are still here in Dog River Marina and all in one piece. Here is a picture of Out & About with it's new antenas on. We can now radio to Mars and they will respond! This other picture is of Dog River Marina. We hope to be leaving for Gulfshores tomorrow and LuLu's who is the sister of Jimmy Buffett - weather and boat permitting.

2 comments:

Brenda Bloomfield said...

Hi Karen and Paul
I am enjoying your postings and following your journey from the comfort of my home. I am still feeling guilty about abandoning ship. It sounds like all is going well for you in spite of dodging tornadoes. We had a lot of rain here this morning and this afternoon it was windy but the sky was blue with very high wispy clouds. Ken and his crew are in Aberdeen tonight. They stayed at Columbus for 2 nights due to the bad weather forecast. I hope you will contact us when you are back in town. Take care.

Brenda

James said...

I have to admit that is quite a nifty little antenna you have there. I bet since it can reach Mars it can most definetly reach good ole Monroe.

How close are you all going to be from Gulfport/Biloxi area?